Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beginning of a new Beginning



At first, I thought I would use this contraption for sketching new to the world ideas, ideas that would identify the world’s unexplored needs and meet them in a pioneering way. And all this while deriving self-sustained business models that could lead to personal wealth creation possibilities beyond any individual comprehension. I did just that, only for a little while. Thanks to my fertile mind, there were several of those schemes. But I guess the real predicament I was facing lied is the very fact that the idea of creating life defining, wealth creating new ideas was also merely an idea, nothing more than a tiny part of the ideas churning malaise most fertile minds of this world suffer from in the info age that is today.

I had come to realize over time that what was equally important to seeding new ideas was to think each one of them through, at the slightest to derive a true creative satisfaction out of it if nothing else. And to do that consistently over time was equally important in order to truly enjoy a pursuit like that. And it isn’t hard to be candid, consistency but for office work, was clearly missing from all aspects of my life, be it personal or in any other aspirational & exploratory interests I had had so far.

This concurred with my yet another unfinished errand of reading Robin Sharma’s “Who will cry when you die”. Two things in particular struck me. They presented themselves as potential remedies to my then life situation in order for it to be a much more fulfilling and rewarding experience. The first one was that I should start writing a Journal as it would not only help create a platform to analyze the minds’ diversions on a fairly regular basis but also help absorb the life’s situations and derive their logical directions. Secondly, it would not hurt if I could start managing my time a lot better and focused either towards things I always wanted to do or towards the ones’ I always had to do, or in other words “ought to do’s”, but never ever go on to do, due to fast paced days and tired nights.

So, what were my “ought to do’s”? Well these were things I thought of doing several times but never actually materialised due to other over-riding priorities, i.e., recurring in thoughts time and again, but hardly ever in action. This brought me to another apprehension and now I truly hoped that I wasn’t a thinking diarrhea freak.

Coming back to the “ought to do’s”, these for me could be many, of two broad forms. The first form was the “had to do’s” such as renewing my long pending car registration or the soon-expiring domain rights, hitting the gym consistently for more than five days at a stretch or finishing the “to do” list in my office outlook calendar to end one fine day at work with a satisfied closure feel. The other form is the “Wanted to’s” which for me meant things like learning to dance well enough to be able to match, who else, my wife Tina’s footsteps on the floor, or learning to swim well enough to be able to dive in deeper waters.

1 comment: